Saturday, January 5, 2008

I want your pain...

I see your hurt and anger and it hurts and angers me. I hate not being able to sooth your hart when you feel the way you do...

I want to take your pain away, but its not my place. So what is there for me to do but be there if you need me, and be there, even if you don't.

Pain is not the right word to use... there is no right word.

Its a taste that lingers - like milk that's gone off
Its a smell you cant get out of a room - like the smell of ashtrays the morning after a party.
Its a sound that gives you goosebumps - like nails over a blackboard.
Its a sight - like seeing a woman's battered face after her husband is done doing his damage
And last of all its a feeling of never being the same again, never being able to get the taste, smell, sound or sight out of your mind.

Just thinking about it brings the hurt back... but yet we force ourselves to dwell on it constantly... its human nature.

I feel this "pain" not for the same reasons or in the same way, but I do feel it. I don't know if it will help you to know that I understand... but I hope it does. We all have our own pain to deal with, no mater how perfect other people my seem. We all know hurt in our own way, and deal with it in our own way. And it will never go away... but it will fade.

In the mean time lean on those you trust, even one true friend can make a world of difference... so call that friend, who ever it is, because you cant allow his pain to eat away at you. A true friend once told me that we never face things in life we cant handle... its good advice!

With love to my friend... may time heal your hart.

No comments: