Monday, January 7, 2008

The pursuit of happiness

I have been roaming around the blogs these past few days and find it amazing how many people have been blogging about happiness, love and so on. So here is my seeing on things…

Happiness – this is not some thing others can accomplish for you, though it is some thing they can enhance or brake down. But the happiness must be there first. In order to be happy, truly happy you need to be satisfied with yourself and your life. And yes I know this is close to the impossible… we are all unhappy about some aspects of our lives, so here is the thing… the goal is not happiness but rather the road to happiness. It’s the journey that you should find inspiring, that should make you want to get up in the morning to face the traffic of life. It a contradiction, a conundrum, but the only way one can truly be happy is to pursue happiness, to go out and make it happen.

Love – the two walk hand in hand, if you are not happy then you can not love. So if you are in the race for happiness then you are open to love. But love, I’m afraid might be even more elusive… you can love in a way that hurts and this scares us off the road to happiness. I have said it before and will say it again, falling in love is easy, but temporary. And the only way for “in love” to move to “love” is through work from all parties involved. If you don’t work at it and just leave things to go their own way then love will never truly be in your hart.

You can’t pretend happiness any more than you can pretend love, and having both is worth a few battle scars. Falling down should not mean giving up; it should mean getting up and trying harder next time round.

So me, personally, I’m going for the pot of gold, the happiness at the end of the rainbow… and those whose lives I can enhance with happiness or who can enhance mine are invited to join the ride. I won’t promise a smooth ride, or beautiful view at all times. But I will promise a hell of a lot of smiles, tears, laughter and every thing ells life has to offer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you, if you not happy then you can't love. It took me a few years to realize this concept

TristonJ said...

it took me 7...lol