Thursday, December 27, 2007

Driving Miss Daisy

I'm on holiday with my son, mother and aunt... really don't know why I do it to myself...



The last time I went on holiday with my mom and aunt it took us 14 hours to get from Margate to Pretoria!! 14 very very long hours, that took us right to the boarder of $%^&**^%$# that's as close as I can get to the correct spelling of the damn place.We took a nice leisurely drive through a location... where the broken down bakkies litter the road along with cars left on a couple of bricks every few kg... gives you a nice save feeling!!

Luckily I was not present when a year later this site seeing due take the long road to Knysna. This was my poor cousins draw of luck... they decided to take a meandering road back from their holiday there, lets just leave it at that...

So after that we, being both me and my cousin, decide NEVER AGAIN! And yet here I find myself in Whiteriver with my mother and aunt!! What the hell possessed me to do this, I would not know... but here I am. We had a great drive down here and the country side, wow!! SA really is a beautiful country that I should see more of... and that I will, just not with the 2 Miss Daisies!

This morning when we woke up it was overcast so we decided that we will go site seeing. and we took the back roads via Hazieview to Pilgrims Rest.OOO it's lovely and quint and well just like taking a step back in time... (I'll post some pics when I get back) and after site seeing for 6 hours we decided it's time to go back home as it was starting to drizzle and Triston was getting cranky and hungry...

And here starts the fun, half way back to Whiteriver the car(that just had a service) stalls... and no amount of pleading with the hunk of metal would get the damn thing going again... Triston is screaming from hunger and both my mom and aunt hop on their phones to get help. After a hell of a lot of calling around we get someone to come in and tow the car to Nelspruit and the nearest Ford dealer. But now we are 3 woman and one very unhappy baby boy stuck on the side of the road with no where to go... the joys of going on holiday with the 2 Miss Daisies!

We did get home or els I would not be writing this, but now we are stuck for hell knows how long with no car in a place we know nothing about surrounded by people we don't know... cant wait for tomorrow!!

No comments: