Sunday, December 2, 2007

TristonJ

I had a great weekend... had a million and one things to do, and felt like I had done nothing by the end of it!



Had a braai at a friends house, (face book is amazing she found me after we had not seen each other in over 10 years) and good nights sleep.



Triston had his first sleep over at his dads, and I really, really needed the break! So it all went well(but for the fact that Triston only fell asleep at 12 in the morning) I picked him up this morning and low and behold he had no broken bones and all his facial features where still where the should be... not that I had any worries about it, none in fact! Michelle is a good father. Its just damn hard leaving your child with anyone, even his father... but I'll get use to it.



On another note... Triston is turning two next Friday!! My baby is turning TWO, I can hardly believe it... on the one hand it feels like he was born yesterday and on the other it feels like he has always been here! Honestly, I cant remember what I did with my time before he came... I mean what do you do with your mornings when they are not spent repairing nappy damage! Or how did you eat a meal without standing up 10 million times to get him to eat something... come to that when did you last eat all the food on your own plate!



I love my son and I would not change one thing about him! He is perfection personified - tantrums and all!



That's another new one to me, Triston has always been a dream child... well behaved, polite and an angel in general. Then he hits toddler hood... end of bragging right there! My little angel has a radar built in that points to all little car rides(you know the ones in game arcades)... you think you are still walking by peacefully and all of a sudden the pram feels soooo light you look down and ...



Nothing, no toddler siting there, bottle in hand pointing at this or chatting to that... just gone!!



So I start looking around frantically! And where would the little bugger be... got it! Sitting in one of these damn cars, hopping up and down with glee! Then comes the battle of wills... getting him out, and the shopping done! So I need to get him out prop him on my hip and run.... run for dear life! I have never had a problem with people staring at us, but when they start looking at you and saying sweetly "Ag, his so cute" I just want to yell "Then you stand here for the next 30 minutes!"



OK, so this too will pass...when?!?!?



But as much as I hate tantrums, Triston is now at the best age! He knows about hugs, I love it when we snuggle up in bed on a Saturday morning and he just pops up and gives me a big bear hug!



He is perfect!



Happy birthday Lawwe Blaffie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be happy you only have one....

Anonymous said...

Will go down on my knees right now ;)