Thursday, November 29, 2007

Shadow boxing...

I have lately been feeling like I'm shadow boxing against my own mind...

There are thing that I cant add up, no matter how I put them together...

I have questions I know I don't want the answers too... yet I ask, and receive...

So how do you fight a shadow, a thought, an idea...

I build mental images in my mind, and when I get the info to color them in... I don't want the picture there any more...

I have my own pictures that aren't made of purity... I wish they were, I wish I could live up to the standards that others set so high...

That I could be the perfect faultless daughter, mother, lover... But that I'll never be...

So this is me... And my shadows Will remain just that, shadows. I can live with them... even if I don't like them. They are not worth more than I am, for I'm real... I live and love. I bleed red and cry tears. I laugh till my sides ache. I'm me!

And no shadow will stand in my way or cloud over my ray of sun...

Got it!
...
Good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good! Because you are worth much more than you think you are!
Me, I fight my shadows by facing them because I cannot live with them, I cannot breathe with them. And I don't need to be perfect, I just need to be me...

TristonJ said...

Thats just what I'm saying... I'll never be perfect and there will always be room for improvement... but I'm happy to be me, and thouse that dont like it can go stuff them selfs down a drain somewhere...lol.

Anonymous said...

A piece of advice relevant to relationships I once heard...

Either fit in or fuck off.

Apparently it's that simple!

Anonymous said...

ROFL - Personaly I would not have put it like that, but???

I think there is some truth to it but still, one does need to bend a bit...

TJ