Monday, March 19, 2007

And we made it!



The first day at PS is over and done for. Triston had a ball and I nearly started chewing my nails!


If you have kids in PS you know that first day feeling... you prepare for the worst, the kicking, the screaming, the tears rolling down your face. But then along comes Triston, calm and collected as always, his new teacher, that his only met once for 5 min, opens her arm and he willingly flings himself from my arms in to her waiting embrace.


No "ta-ta mama"! nothing! he was more than willing to stay with her, I was no longer the center of his universe! Shit, even his daddy got a goodbye wave...


When time came to pick him up this afternoon I was, again, ready for the worst... that he didn't want to go home... but my little angel child saw his mommy and daddy and his little face lit up he gave us each a hug and sloppy kiss.


And thus all is right with the world again!

No comments: