Monday, March 5, 2007

It's bed time

Aren't kids great!

You let them run all over the place and all over you, you start to feel so frustrated because they want an "uppie" while you try to make them dinner.

And then when you relent and pick them up. They give you a sloppy wet kiss and a big smile... melt!

My hart turns to butter when ever he gives me one of those ( almost all there) pearly white smiles.

Children are the joy that makes the world go round!

My son is the most precious gift we ever received and nearly loosing him at birth just made him so much more special to us. Every morning when he wakes us, even if it's 3 o'clock, we think...yes, that's our son!... he is one of those miracle children that rarely wakes up crying.

In fact if I think about it except for being very sick at birth he has only really been sick twice, both times with the Rota virus. Other than that, the sniffles, snot and teething have went by quite smoothly. (knock on wood) So we really do feel blessed, our son is a healthy, active, active, active, active 15 month old.

While we were in the NICU after Tristons birth I truly became aware of the bond you feel with your child, people told me that having a c-section made bonding with your baby difficult and then having your child put in NICU made it worst. I completely disagree, the time I spent next to him made me realize how helpless he was and that it was up to me and his father to take him out into the world and help him to make something of this short time we've been given on earth. That made me feel so close to him, there is nothing we wouldn't do for our son.

Now that I've rambled on and on and on... it's time for bed...

No comments: